Luxembourg a tiny crazy rich beautiful landlocked country smack in the middle of Europe. I wonder why people don’t go to Luxembourg more often. Because it is stunning, nature is unforgettable since one-third of the country is covered in forest with easy hiking trails since they don’t really have mountains, (even though they call them mountains) they have hills. The food is old school comfort food, things like wild boar with apples and fresh trout. It is one of they tiniest bust also one of the richest and most influential countries in the world. During both World Wars, they remained neutral even though they got occupied by Germany. They were one of the founding members of both NATO and the European Union.
Things you didn’t know about Luxembourg:
- Luxembourg has the highest minimum wage in the EU – paying workers a minimum of EUR 1,923 per month.
- The restaurant with the world’s largest wine list is in Luxembourg. If you visit the Restaurant Chiggeri in the city of Luxembourg, you can take your pick from more than 2,200 different wines.
- Luxembourg’s motto is ‘mir wëllebleiwewatmirsinn‘ which means ‘we want to remain what we are’.
- Just under half of the permanent residents in Luxembourg are foreign – with around 170 different nationalities living in the country. Portuguese make up the biggest group at 16.4 percent.
This dish tastes really fancy but it dead easy!!!
- 4(1/2 lb) trout
- 7ounces riesling wine(dry)
- 10ounces fresh cream
- 2ounces unsalted butter
- 3 shallots
- 1 pinch chervil
- tarragon (twig)
- Clean, wash & dry the trout w/a cloth. Sprinkle w/salt, pepper & flour.
- Melt butter in a pan & fry trout gently 2-3 minutes on each side. Butter a stewpan & place trout in it.
- Fry the finely chopped herbs in your frying pan, add the dry Riesling wine & pour this mixture on trout in the stewpan.
- Add fresh cream, season to taste w/pepper, salt & a pinch of paprika.
- Place stew pan in a hot oven. Cook for 15-20 minutes, basting the trout occ.
- Take the trout out & place on a hot plate. Boil your sauce (whisking continuously) till thick. Cover trout w/sauce & serve potatoes.