traditional german recipe
Germany, the biggest and most populated country in the world. I love Germany, every time I go there I am amazed. Especially Berlin! Berlin is sooo refreshing, the city is just buzzing you can feel the creativity everywhere you go! Trendy shops, cutting edge restaurants, all of these juicers that are on almost every corner,… .
I know Germans have a bad reputation around the world but guys there is so much more to Germany then just the War! Think about the Oktoberfest, which is basically just drinking beer for about 3 weeks of crazy beer drinking and eating Bratwurst and sauerkraut!
The German economy is the most stable one of all the countries in Europe. Angela Merkel figured some shit out! (Wir schaffen Das!) Really guys if you ever get the chance to go to Germany don’t pass it up! It’s an epic country
Things you didn’t know about Germany:
- If you ask a German the time and are told “halb drei” (literally “half three”) the time is in fact half past two (half two in English). Germans count the minutes to the next hour rather than after.
- The Munich Oktoberfest actually starts in late September. Don’t worry too much if you miss it: there are 60 beer gardens in and around the city that are open all summer.
- Fanta originated in Germany as a result of difficulties importing Coca-Cola syrup into Nazi Germany during WW2.
- There is a Barbie doll modelled on Germany’s current Chancellor Angela Merkel.
- Berlin is 9 times bigger than Paris and has more bridges than Venice.
- Holocaust denial is either implicitly or explicitly a crime in 17 countries, including Germany and Austria.